Re: [squid-users] Integrating Microsoft Exchange with Squid

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:58:13 +1030 (CST)

According to Chua Lye Heng:

>I like to know how can I hide my Exchange Server behind my squid server such
>that on the MX record it points to Squid Server public Ip and this will then
>accept the request and forward them back to Exchange on the private address.

Ya know, Henrik, you should just give up pretending and make squid
into a firewall - it seems that every man and is web-dog seem to think
it is one already...

<clue>squid is a caching web proxy (a very fine one at that) NOT A
BLOODY FIREWALL</clue>

You cannot do what you ask with squid because it is not what it is for.