Re: [squid-users] Squid - Dual CPUs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:36:42 +0100

Well.. Disk I/O uses quite a bit of CPU, and so does kernel-level
networking code. But still Squid CPU usage will be the main bottleneck..

Disk I/O can be moved out of the Squid main process by the use of
async-io or diskd.

I have not benchmarked how much might be gained from a second CPU so I
don't have a definite answer on how much the OS can move to the second
CPU.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker