Re: [squid-users] error loading a site

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:43:48 +0100

rav@ucol.mx wrote:

> > But I am afraid it might be a classical case of JavaScript enabled
> > browsers inserting newlines in the request..
>
> Right, disabled JavaScript in netscape 4.76 and could retrieve content of that
> site; is this a bug in the browsers or is there a workaround to this?

It is a browser bug which is a bit tricky to work around at the proxy.
Some JavaScript implementations allows scripts to insert newlines into
the requested URL, which seriously goofs up the HTTP protocol syntax.

You might be able to work around the issue by adding
#define RELAXED_HTTP_PARSER 1
to the top of client_side.c

--
Henrik Nordstrom