Re: [squid-users] Reducing cache_dir's size

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:14:07 -0600

I think this is still a known issue with Squid. But it can be worked
around.

Drop your cache_swap_low, by a bit (maybe to 80%), and then lower the
cache_dir sizes every day by about 10% until the cache shrinks to the
right size--then reset your cache_swap_low, and leave the cache_dirs at
the desired setting. If it refuses, then it may be time to do a
swap.state rebuild (delete the swap.states and restart Squid).

I reserve the right to be wrong, however. (But it works for me on our
2.2STABLE5+hno based Squids.)

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances