RE: [squid-users] Errors - Continued

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:25:55 +0100

> The connection reset by peer seems to be a problem, coudl a
> ttl in the ntlm
> helper be messing this up? too many requests per second? I'm
> the only one
> doing it, to make sure it wasnt a bad compile, I cvs checkout
> squid'd into a
> new directory, ./configure --enable-auth=ntlm
> --enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=NTLMSSP make && make install, this
> did not make
> and install the ntlm_auth helpers as expected, I had to
> manualy make and
> make install it from src/auth/ntlm/helpers/NTLMSSP it worked
> flawlessly for
> a few minutes, 10 to be exact, then it starts giving these
> timeout errors
> and unexpected/uninitialised response errors, and restarts.

I'm inclined to chalk that up to bad client-server interactions,
such as clients closing their HTTP connection in the interval
between the accept() and the first read().
I don't think it's related to NTLM at all.
However, I haven't explored the code related to
that error messages, so I might be wrong and I ask for enlightenment
from the core hackers.

--
	/kinkie