RE: [squid-users] Weird One.. forced startup page

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:44:39 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I need to display a policy page when the client opens the
> browser. By this
> I mean a page describing the rules of surfing etc and the
> company policy.
>
> I need this to be displayed everytime the user opens Internet
> Explorer on
> the workstations. After the page loads users are free to
> surf what ever
> site they want. Of even another window pops up and says the
> information
> similar to a disclaimer or something.
>
> Is this possible, does it exists, if so what would i look up
> if i wished to
> do it?

It can be done on IE itself, by configuring the homepage and
then altering some registry key (I don't know which one) which
restricts the ability of the users to customize certain aspects
of IE.

On the squid side, something like this can be done:
Set up a REQUIRED http_auth acl, and a redirector which checks
whether the user has already done an access in some configured
amount of time (2 hours seems a good estimate). If not, it's redirected
to the policy page. A reload will get him to the desired resource.
Should be a close enough approximation of your specs.

--
	/kinkie