Re: [squid-users] Automatic MSNT Domain Authentication.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 01:06:41 +0100

Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:

> Yes, but only with the daily snapshots of the NTLM branch of Squid 2.5
> or from CVS-sourceforge (tag: auth_rewrite or ntlm).
> BTW: this is only possible with Internet Explorer, 4 or 5, on
> win32 platforms.

Actually it is more preferable if people run the Squid-2.5 snapshots
from http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/. It SHOULD be kept
reasonably up to date with the fixes on SourceForge (if not, you and
Robert know what to do).

> I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but if I do,
> it's not possible. NTLM cannot go throught a proxy by
> design, as it required end-to-end state, which obviously
> a proxy can't provide.

Well... technically a proxy can support NTLM by using sticky server
connections, but implementing this in an HTTP proxy is not trivial as
it contradicts the standards for HTTP connection management in
proxies..

/Henrik