[squid-users] Squid sizing..

From: Don Campbell <don@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:04:58 -0500

Hello,

I'm in the process rolling out a production squid cache.. The server specs are: Pentium II 266mhz, 256 Meg Ram, 40 Gig 7200 RPM IDE disk.. Running FreeBSD 4.2 and using WCCP v1 to a cisco router.. Outgoing connectivity is a T1, and this is in an ISP environment with a mix of dialup, isdn and frac T1 clients.. I'm thinking a 30gig slice for squid and only give 20 gig to squid for use. Based on suggestions I've found in the archives I'm planning on 46 level one directories.. Does this sound like a reasonable configuration?

Thanks,
-Don