Re: [squid-users] issue with one of joe coopers modifcations

From: Greg <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:43:03 +1100

just so you the machine
its 512mb ram, linux 2.2.14-50
pentium II 333
ultra 160 30 gig scsi drive
handles about 500 to 1000 modem users and 6 lan users

cache size is 26 gig.
30x10=300

so that means that i have 212 meg left or close to that figure, now i know
linux will use up a bit of memory
but surely i wouldn't need more than 512 meg of ram???
Thanks
Greg

i noticed you use 2.2.16, is 2.2.16 more stable and better than 2.2.14-5.0??
Thanks