Re: [squid-users] DNS probems?

From: Bill Arlofski <waa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:10:35 -0500

Hi Henrik... Thanks for the reply... I have been doing a bit more
research on this... It seems that I see quite a few 'lame server'
messages from my DNS server in my syslogs. I didn't have the time to
'really' dig into this today when I found it in my syslogs, but I find
it hard to believe that www.hotmail.com (for instance) has a "lame
server delegation"...

And you are correct about receiving the correct answer shortly after...
So, if I understand this issue correctly, it is a BIND error/issue, not
a squid problem...

Do you know what a client (like ie or netscape) might see in a case of
one of these 'lame server' responses from the DNS server without squid
as thier proxy? A "server timeout" perhaps?

Thanks again. I will continue my search, but will direct my efforts at
the DNS server.

--
Bill Arlofski