Re: [squid-users] Nothing instead of username

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:30:35 +0200

Simon Bryan wrote:

> Sorry you are right, wrong question.
> What I should have asked is why does Squid sometimes not log the username
> at all?
>
> Confusion was from using SARG which I have configured to show the IP
> address when there is no username in the log entry.

If using proxy authentication:
a) User has not logged in yet. Results in proxy sending a 407 message
"login required" with - as logged user name..
b) You might have a leak in your ruleset, allowing some access without
first logging in

It using ident:
You are probably not requiring ident lookups to finish. Add a
http_access rule maching ident lookups.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker