Re: [squid-users] SquidGuard without effect...

From: Russell Mosemann <mose@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:54:24 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, [iso-8859-1] André Weidemann wrote:

> Squid launches 5 entities of squidGuard but the Squiguard-logfile
> contains nothing and I can still access any site on the web.

Those are important clues. Since squid starts squidGuard, squidGuard runs
with the same user and group as squid. So, all of the directories and
files must be accessible to the user/group that squid uses when it runs.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
Two atoms walking down the street ran into each other.  "Are you alright?"
"I think I lost an electron."  "Are you sure?"  "Yes, I'm positive."