Re: [squid-users] acl-specific http_port

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:32:36 +0200

Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> Thanks, I think, I'm getting there. Here is what I did:
>
> http_port 80 # To be the only one :)
> httpd_accel_host virtual # We need to support multipl vhosts

So you have multiple IP addresses where Squid listens, and a redirector
to take care of rewriting these to the correct domain(s)?

Are you sure you are not looking for httpd_accel_uses_host_header here?
(most people are, but confuse the two).

> httpd_accel_port 8015 # This is where one of servers listens;
> # this server will NOT grok hostname in
> # the request, BTW
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on # We need this too

Then be very careful with your http_access rules to not open up the
proxy to the world...

> acl S urlpath_regex ^/dufus/|^/$ # Only the URLs, which start
> # with /dufus/ or the main page (/)
> cache_peer localhost parent 8000 0 no-query # Apache listens on localhost:8000
> never_direct allow S # Never fetch /dufus/ and / directly
> cache_peer_access localhost allow S
> cache_peer_access localhost deny !S

The last cache_peer_access line is not strictly needed, or should read
cache_peer_access localhost deny all

> This seems to be working, except that squid responds with ERR_DNS_FAIL
> for its own hostname. A simple nslookup on the same machine resolves it
> perfectly, and it is also listed in /etc/hosts (with 127.0.0.1 IP). Any
> ideas? It was working fine as an accelerator for just Apache before...

No idea. Which Squid version are you using, with internal or external
(dnsserver) DNS client implementation?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker