Re: [squid-users] caching uniface dynamic pages

From: selvatico patrice <selvatico@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:43:23 +0100

Hi,

I still can figure out how to cache dynamic pages, I give u more of the
config:

What does one of your URLs look like, that you would like to be cached,
but is not?
url in the browser: http://mysite.com/uniface/urd/run/component.index?CATID=LN

in squid access.log the request appears like that :
985777295.294 5105 212.234.171.254 TCP_MISS/200 98686 GET
http://127.0.0.1:81/uniface/urd/run/component.index? - DIRECT/127
.0.0.1 text/html

I always have a TCP_MISS when the page is requested

If everything on your server should be considered cachable (for example,
if you have a database backend that always answers the same way to the
same URL--no matter who the client is), ....
I want to cache all the dynamic pages
I have put that in my squid.conf:

acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin
no_cache deny QUERY

refresh_pattern . 5 20% 5
refresh_pattern ^http: 5 10% 5

The dynamic pages are processed on a Uniface Application Server (on another
server)
thru a weburd servlet engine.
All the requested url looks like :
http://mysite.com/uniface/urd/images/apict.jpg
http://mysite.com/uniface/urd/run/component.index?CATID=AN_ID
(uniface/urd is a virtual path )

What is going wrong or maybe which option should I enable in the squid.conf ?

Thanks
Patrice