Re: [squid-users] caching uniface dynamic pages

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:35:02 -0600

You'll have to be more specific.

But here's some pointers:

Squid does not, by default, cache anything that it believes is
'dynamic'. Thus pages that are generated by a cgi script, or have a ?
in the URL (commonly used to pass user data to the server).

What does one of your URLs look like, that you would like to be cached,
but is not?

You'll also need to make sure that in forcing Squid to cache things that
it would ordinarily consider dynamic you do not begin to cache things
that /shouldn't/ be cached, like user specific data.

If everything on your server should be considered cachable (for example,
if you have a database backend that always answers the same way to the
same URL--no matter who the client is), then you have a pretty easy job.
  Just enforce some minimum refresh times with the refresh policy.
Otherwise, you'll have to figure out what separates the
dynamic-per-user, from the same-reply-for-everyone requests, and
integrate that into your refresh policy.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances