Re: [squid-users] Mail problems

From: Adam Lang <aalang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:46:13 -0500

Squid has nothing to do with mail. If you expected squid to route mail to
the internet, you have a problem. You need to configure the OS to either
route packets to the interent for POP and SMTP and/or you have to setup NAT
on the linux server.

Squid is an HTTP proxy only. Routing and NAT are handled by the linux
kernel. Odds are you are using a kernel before 2.4, so you want to look
into ipchains.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company