Re: [squid-users] Server-Side Home Page

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:58:15 +0200

Wilco Heinneman wrote:

> I also want it to do on the Server-Side, because I want to confront the
> users with there web-statistics: a top 10 list of the most "popular"
> sites of the last week.
> (User-based or organisation-based)

It is a bit of a problem to do it server-side as the servers have no
clue when or if the user has closed/opened their browser.

If using proxy-authentication then it might be possible with some
hacking to have the user redirected to a startup page on the first
successful login to the proxy. If not then you have to rely on faking
sessions with idle-timeouts per IP.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker