[squid-users] bind squid to address ?

From: Jeremy <jeremy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:23:50 +0800

Hi,

I have a setup using eql to load share outgoing traffic using two dial-up
modems. This is running on a RedHat 6.2 system

I want to use both of the modems for receiving upstream data. I do not have
the cooperation of the ISP for this.

eql allows balancing of the outgoing requests, but the source address is
fixed as the address that squid is bound to. This means that all replies to
squid come in on the one modem, irrespective of which modem the request went
out on.

I want to bind more than one copy of squid on the same machine to different
virtual IP's. I can then arrange routing so that one copy of squid gets
return traffic through one modem and the other copy gets return traffic from
the other modem. I then assume I can make the copies to be peers of each
other and so achieve an overall balance in the modem usage.

Can anyone advise if :

1. Squid can be bound to a specific IP on a machine - for upstream requests?
2. Multiple copies of squid can coexist?
3. Multiple copies of squid on a machine can act as cache peers?

Jeremy