[squid-users] Cache peer access - or - The redirection problem...

From: Simone Colombo <scolombo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:16:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all!

We are trying to set up a Squid hierarchy to work as follow:

A central proxy server must authenticate the user (via ncsa_auth module) and
then redirect them ( via ICP now, but no problems using something other) on a
different parent choosen from an array. We MUST have users (or users group) pass
on different parent proxyes (users have different bandwith privileges) and the
selection must be done on the username, not on the client's ip, 'cuz we have a
lot of roaming users that use dhcp.

So... we try the following acls:

<snip>
acl USER1 proxy_auth user1
acl USER2 proxy_auth user2

cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 3128 3130
cache_peer y.y.y.y parent 3128 3130

cache_peer_acces x.x.x.x allow user1
cache_peer_acces x.x.x.x deny all

cache_peer_access y.y.y.y allow user2
cache_peer_access y.y.y.y deny all
<snip>
EOF

Squid does complain 'bout nothing in the logfiles, but it seems it
ignores the "permissions" we've setted up... actually it uses its peers whit the
standard policy (the fastest answering).

Does anyone know why or as suggestion on how to realize the same
thing in a different way?