Re: [squid-users] Informational Page at Login

From: Espen Lyngaas <Espen.Lyngaas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 17:11:12 +0200

I tried this about a year ago, and it wasn't possible then. Well, that is -
I couldn't do it - which is not the same thing.

The reason is that the client makes one (1) request, and want one (1)
response in return.

I thought about ways to get around it, and one way of doing it would be for
squid to return the informational/welcome page on the request, and that the
info/welcome page contained a (eeek!) META-REFRESH tag which contained the
original URL the client requested.

However, this would render all other applications except browsers
completely without a clue as to what to do when they are talking to the
proxy, but I guess if you add a check for browser id, you could get around
that as well.

Dodgy, but it might work.

If you figure it out, I would very much like to know how! :)

--
Espen Lyngaas, IT Consultant, Color Line AS
http://home.c2i.net/elyngaas/