[squid-users] Windows Update and Squid not holding them long enough (Newbie)

From: <Peter.van.der.Does@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:49:13 +0200

Hi,

We Installed Squid 2.4/Stable1 on Caldera E-Server 2.3

We want to use the proxy mostly to update our Windows workstations through the
Mickeysoft Update site. We see that and notice that everything is cached,
including the real update programs. When when downloaded an update and install
the same update on a different machine we see a TCP_HIT on that program. The
problem is that the programs seem to disappear from the cache after just a few
hours.

We use the following parameters:

cache_swap_low 93
cache_swap_high 95
cache_dir ufs /home/squid/cache 4000 16 256

maximum_object_size 16384 KB
cache_heap_replacement_policy heap LFUDA

refresh_pattern ^http://www.download.windowsupdate 4320 50% 10080
refreshpattern . 0 50% 10080

Any tips are welcome, either here or private.

Peter van der Does