[squid-users] Inserting a Header.

From: Stuart Low <thedude@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:28:01 +1000

Hi,

I just signed up to this list and hope it will be a good learning resource
for me! :-)

Now I have a main question I wanted to ask. I am setting up a proxy server
for a school with each student having an individual login/password.

Now I have sorted out the authenticate_program tag without any problems
(using a Perl script) but the principal has asked for a 'Links' header for
each student.

SO, what I am asking is, is it possible for Squid to automatically insert
the output of a script (after it parses the username to it) as the header,
then follow that the data of the page?

Ie. a student could travel anywhere on the net and have their static links
bar (customized with their own links) available at the top of the printed
page? Or even if I could make it so that it placed the accessed page in a
large frame and left the links section in a top frame (not really worried
about html compatibility here).

Now a secondary question is this. Obviously with a school I am building into
it methods of locking out pages etc. Is it possible for squid to parse an
entire page to a script which would search for keywords and phrases? I
really don't want to use my existing redirect_program script to fetch the
page as it would effectively double the bandwidth as the script would fetch
the page as would Squid.

Thankyou very much,

Stuart Low
thedude@perlboy.org