[squid-users] No space for squid ?

From: Dr. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 08:46:18 +0200

Hallo,

I was running squid on a smaller PC since a longer time very well. Yesterday
however, the server refused to work. No connections at all.
I gave on the server "/usr/sbin/squid -NCd1", and the result was so far OK (
Ready to serve requests ), but also
        - diskHandleWrite: FD 8: disk write error: (28) No space left on device
        - FATAL: Write failure -- check your disk space and cache.log

As I am not running nothing else than squid on the server, I think that
something was growing until the box was exhausted.

Could you please tell me how to handle this problem ? I mean, do I have to do
something with cache, cache.log etc. and do I have to adjust something on a
config file or so ?

Thanks for help,
Edgar

--