Re: [squid-users] No space for squid ?

From: Dr. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:47:03 +0200

You wrote on Die, 10 Apr 2001 :
> You won't be able to move swap.state unless you configure a different
> directory in squid.conf (same with the others as well--but I;ll guess
> you've figured that out).
Correct. All .log files can be moved. Only the trial with swap.state
crashes: squid wonts to install directories 00,01,02, etc ( by the fact, they
exist in the old directory, with a lot of subdirectories, all empty ?? ), and
refuses to do so because I dont have permission to do so ( ??? I am working as
root )

> I don't recall if you've mentioned what OS you are using?
SuSE 6.4
> If using Red Hat Linux or a dirivative, you'll want to look at the man page for
> logrotate. It's a nice little daemon that handles your problems with
> ease.
I think I can get this through an internet homepage

Thanks a lot and regards,
Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers