Re: [squid-users] How to determine why an object isn't being cached?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:03:41 +0200

Denis Haskin wrote:

> Cool. I've started looking at this. How stable would you consider the Vary
> support? Suitable for production?

It should be production quality, but it is still a very limited support.
There is not yet any support for ETag validation or indexes in Squid.

> I see lots of references to the s-maxage directive in the current Squid
> source, but haven't yet had time to look at them in more detail. What does
> Squid currently do with s-maxage? Just pass it through?

Right. It seems s-maxage actually has been implemented for quite some time.
Did not know this. Thanks for the reminder.

So the only known divergences from RFC2616 Cache-Control is now:

 * min-fresh request directive is not implemented
 * no-store request directive is not implemented (only implemented as ar
   reply directive)
 * must-revalidate and proxy-revalidate always revalidates the object even
   if it havent expired yet.
 * no-transform request directive not implemented (should bypass redirectorsi
   I think...)
 * no-transform reply directive not implemented (not yet needed, but there
   is some ongoing work which will need to support this..)

/ Henrik