Re: [squid-users] cache_dir on MFS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 14:37:52 +0200

The cache dir type in Squid has nothing to do with the underlying
filesystem type, it defines the storage method/implementation.

Currently Squid has 4 different implementations:
 ufs On top of a normal filesystem supporting directories and files.
 aufs As "ufs", but using threads to implement non-blocking disk I/O
 diskd As "ufs", but using a separate process to implement non-blocking
disk I/O
 coss An experimental "raw" filesystem, where all objects are stored in
one big file.

Other storage methods are being worked upon.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker