Re: [squid-users] icp port problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:26:35 +0200

TomC wrote:

> I have some question. The squid is compiled with enable cache digest so
> I think the cache peer will communicate with cache digest. But I don't
> know why another system engineer use "3130" instead of "7" in the entry
> "cache peer" as I read the doc of squid that they say that we should use
> "7" if we are not using icp. Why?

If no-query is specified then it does not matter as the value is not
used. I commonly use 0 when specifying no-query.

7 is used when you have a non-ICP peer but still want to query it before
sending requests there (no-query not specified). In such case Squid will
send the ICP queries to port 7 which is the UDP echo port.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker