[squid-users] icp port problem

From: TomC <livia74@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:49:42 +0800

Hi,
The fllowing is some config entries of squid in my company:
# TAG: icp_port
# The port number where Squid sends and receives ICP queries to
# and from neighbor caches. Default is 3130. To disable use
# "0". May be overridden with -u on the command line.
#
icp_port 0
cache_peer hostname sibling 8080 3130 proxy-only no-query

I have some question. The squid is compiled with enable cache digest so
I think the cache peer will communicate with cache digest. But I don't
know why another system engineer use "3130" instead of "7" in the entry
"cache peer" as I read the doc of squid that they say that we should use
"7" if we are not using icp. Why?