[squid-users] Squid on Solaris

From: Mohammad Junaid <mjunaid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:35:09 +0300

Hi,
I have squid-2.3.STABLE4 on Solaris8/Intel. Everything works fine but during peak hours it gives following error .We are an ISP with huge user database.

The following error was encountered:
  a.. Unable to forward this request at this time.
This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

  a.. The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
  b.. All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
After enough efforts, I have come to know that the problem is some where around the Tuning of Tcp/IP parameters, therefore I want to compare the output of following commands with somebody with similar setup.

# ulimit -n

# ulimit -Hn

# ndd /dev/tcp tcp_conn_req_max_q

# ndd /dev/tcp tcp_conn_req_max_q0

# netstat -sP tcp

If some body has Squid on Solaris, please run the above mentioned commands and send me the out put, I will be thankful to you.
NOTE: I have another Squid Server running smoothly, but on Linux and with almost same squid.conf as I have on solaris.

Thanks,
Mohammad Junaid.