Re: [squid-users] keep-alive and MSIE

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:52:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 mi@aldan.algebra.com wrote:

> How can we tell squid to NOT honor the keep-alive settings for certain
> browsers (*MSIE*) -- like Apache does?
>
> If the browser is talking to our server directly, we can just close the
> socket after we are done, but if the connection comes through squid, we
> see the Proxy-Connection header (instead of Connection) and our closing
> of the socket just upsets squid, while not working around the MSIE's
> problems...
>
> It there a Cache-Control header we can set, or something in the Squid'd
> config file we can tweak? Thanks!

With recent versions you can use

# TAG: client_persistent_connections
# TAG: server_persistent_connections
# Persistent connection support for clients and servers. By
# default, Squid uses persistent connections (when allowed)
# with its clients and servers. You can use these options to
# disable persistent connections with clients and/or servers.
#