[squid-users] DNS & Squid

From: Luis Garces <Luis.Garces@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:41:45 +0200

Hello everybody.

I'm using squid as a transparent proxy cache, that is, without
configuring clients to use it. I've been dealing with all the options
about DNS in the squid.conf file, but I haven't found an option to
disable DNS lookups. Is it possible to use squid without DNS ? I mean,
if I can get the IP's of the Web servers squid has to access (as clients
connect to the cache transparently), why should I need to resolv the
name of those servers ?

Thanks in advance

--
Luis