Re: [squid-users] DNS & Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:06:50 +0200

Short answer: No.

Long answer:

Because Squid caches objects on their host name it does not trust the IP
address resolved by the client. If it did then it would be trivial for
users to pollute the cache with any content they like.

With some coding it should be possible to optimize Squid for transparent
caches at a small expence in hit ratio. Services with multiple IP
addresses will then not be cached as one, but individually per
ip+hostname.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker