[squid-users] urgent help require !!! please help me

From: <prashant_squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri Apr 20 04:46:35 2001

hello friends

  these are our proxy/cache setup details

1) i have around 256KB internet link.
2) 200 users.
3) all of the desktops which user's are using have private ip address
(192.168.1.x series).
4) right now users are using microsoft proxy server.
5) right now users are unable to use any of the instant messanges
like msn messanger / yahoo messanger etc , even though we have opened
all the ports in proxy/firewall.

6) right now users are unable to listen/view real audio/video stuff
from net,
 even though we have opened all the ports in proxy/firewall
.

  i wants to replace microsoft proxy with squid on redhat Linux
   but after replacing micro-soft proxy with squid

1) will our users be able to use instant messangers
      like msn messanger/yahoo messanger.

 if squid doesnt support it in non-transparent mode then
 i will run it under transparent mode , but what about the requests
which are not going for port 80, and so not being intercepted at our
router , so not being
redirected to squid , and they cant even go directly on net as the ip
address for clients is of private ip address range , e.g. (
192.168.1.x).

 same is the case for real audio/video ,

is there any workaround to resolve this , i know there should be but
dont know it ??

or is there any other solution ?
offcource with squid only because i am a big fan of it and wants to use
squid only ,
please help me as soon as possible

Thanks & Regards
Prashant Desai