[squid-users] Slow connection via ADSL

From: Detlef Maurel <detlef@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 18:52:44 +0200

Hello,

I hope you can help me. A few days ago I installed an ADSL-Connection
with Linux. My Linux-Computer provides proxy-services for the other
computers.

My ADSL-Connection has a downstream bandwith of 768 kbit/s.

My problem is the following: When I start a single download with my
browser (e.g. Internet Explorer), I only get a donwload rate of 30KB/s
(about 240 kbit/s). The problem is not the other server, from where I
download my file. I can start 3 downloads at the same time and from
the same server and get 30KB/s for each file!

Does the Squid-Cache limit download rates? And if yes, where can I
modify this in the configuration file?

--
mfg/regards
   Detlef