RE: [squid-users] Help please! smb_auth is caching usernames and passwords

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:35:48 +1000

username caching is builtin to squid. I don't know the exact logic in
2.2 (before my time w.r.t. hacking squids guts).

> Squid proxy 2.2stable5 smb_auth 0.5 authenticating from nt4.0 PDC
> Only members of the internet group on the nt pdc are allowed
> access to the
> internet.
>
> Problem is when a user is pulled from the group. They can
> still use their
> username and password and get access even thought NT says
> they are not a
> member of the internet group. This works fine for users who
> have not had
> access to the internet group yet.

You problem is that you are not waiting for a timeout on the users.
There should be a parameter in squid.conf to reduce the lifespan of
cached username entries, so that they are forced to re-authenticate.

> Any suggestions as to what file to delete or edit to remove
> these users?

squid -k shutdown && sleep 30 && squid

Rob