Re: [squid-users] mailing list format - HTML mail.

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:27:58 +0930 (CST)

According to Robert Collins:

>I was wondering if any of you have any _strong_ view on html mail and
>mailing lists.=20

Yes, don't do html mail - it is too dangerous and is a damn pain in
the arse for anyone that chooses to read their mail in plain text.
Normally if I get sent a HTML message I wrap it in PRE /PRE tags and
send it back.

>IMO the listserve should either a) reject or b) filter back to plain
>text html mail.

Reject it - I strongly believe that there is no value in having html
structuring in a mailing list context. Most people only use the html
features for annoying non-essential window dressing which don't add
any value to the message they are conveying.