Re: [squid-users] mailing list format - HTML mail.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:09:42 +1000

Adam,
    HTML mail is different to just inserting (say) <B>foo</B> in plain
text mail. HTML mail uses MIME to send an attached HTML document, which
HTML mailers display.

Do his mailer is doing 2 things:
convert the mail to HTML mail.
append some HTML code to the bottom.

If you look with a non-HTML mailer at the same message you will see a
plain text version of it, and it most likely has the non-bolded footer
as well.

If this is with Exchange server, it's a single option to turn this on or
off per recipient in the address book, and IMO the mail admin should
allow overrides for compatability. (when I admined Exchange, we simply
allowed text only, no overrides - but if HTML is allowed, it shouldn't
be forced).

Rob