Re: [squid-users] mailing list format - HTML mail.

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:45:01 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Ilker Gokhan wrote:

> So, I have to change my account to different mail account because
> when i posted a mail to list, It is converted automatically HTML
> format including footer information by our mail server (As you see
> below). :-)

You mailer sends both plain text and HTML versions of your message.
Both copies have an auto-generated footer.

I do not know whether squid mailing list should simply reject your
mail because it has an HTML component, but I would vote against
modifying forwarded messages in any way (e.g., stripping HTML off).
IMO, the message should be either rejected or posted as is.

Since it should be possible for people to attach HTML (e.g., a
Squid-generated error page) to e-mails, I doubt it is wise to reject
any e-mail that has an HTML attachment. We could, of course, demand
that those attachments are compressed, but that seems like the wrong
thing to do.

$0.02,

Alex.