[squid-users] Urgent: Satellite connection.

From: Edward <edward@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:39:03 -0400

Hi there!

We will we installing our satellite tomorrow.

We are an ISP.

We have a seperate Class C for dial up customers.

We are only going to be using the SAT for dialup.

That mean that squid 2.4 on linux 2.2.17 will have to handle to class C's that are going to be route different.

Now when our network looks for a site, it will come through our telecom provider.

When a dial customer makes a request, it will go through our telcom provider and back done through the satellite.

Now can can I configure squid to download through the sat for dialup and telecom for our network?

I realised that squid acts as a proxy on a transparent policy route using a cisco router.

When I make an request, the request made to any site is the squid machine. How can I have squid forward the customer IP address to the site instead of its own?

This may solve the problem above if squid still use our telecom provide link heavily for dialup customers, instead of the SAT.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Edward Millington
(Network Administrator & Senior Technical Support Technician)
Cariaccess Communications Ltd.
Carlisle House
Hincks Street
Bridgetown