Re: [squid-users] mailing list format - HTML mail.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:11:28 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Lang" <aalang@rutgersinsurance.com>
Cc: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 1:00 AM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] mailing list format - HTML mail.

> I understand what you are saying now. You really don't care about the
> emails that have plain text and an html text component, since it won't
screw
> with text mailers, you are concerning yourself with the emails that
have
> html "pages" attached to the message, as opposed to the actual text
being in
> the body of the message.
>
> On the same wavelength as you now?

Nearly. Lets go back to the original question:

Can we block or change to text only format html mail?

Good mailing lists don't alter the mail message, only the envelope, so
lets change that to

Can we block HTML mail?

To which one of the problems was - What about attached HTML pages - ie
the output from squid. The mailing list shouldn't block those emails,
just the ones where the format of the email is HTML.

So I want to block "emails that have plain text and an html text
component" and keep "emails that have
> html "pages" attached to the message".

Rob