Re: [squid-users] dns problem

From: GUIDOUX R InfoEdpEtcDep <Richard.Guidoux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:05:00 +0200

I have set 'disable-internal-dns' during the 'making' of my binary,
I have asked no dns test (via tag in squid.conf) at daemon startup.

I have no 'resolv.conf' file, as I have no need for it, and it works very
well like this.
But, when I have tried to remove 'dnnsserver' file, which is the external
DNS resolver provided witch SQUID, and to replace it by a 'zero-size' file
via 'touch dnnsserver' command, SQUID does not work and exits with an error
message (sorry, I can't have it at the moment). Here is for the little
explanation... :-)

Thanx to both Henrik and Alberto for your help,

Richard
rguidoux@net2s.com

 ----------
| De: beto@inalambrica.net
| A: squid-users@squid-cache.org
| Objet: Re: [squid-users] dns problem
| Date: jeudi 26 avril 2001 01:00
|
| On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 05:48:00PM +0200, GUIDOUX R InfoEdpEtcDep wrote:
| > Hi all,
| >
| > indeed, with the check of 'never_direct', no DNS resolution is done by
| > squid. IT is the parent proxy that is in charge of it ...
| >
| > However, I have tried to set an empty 'dnsserver' file in my config. and
it
| > does not work, it seems that squid needs and use the process.
| > Why does squid need it , and if not , how can I configure my squid ?
| >

| what do you mean by "an empty 'dnsserver' file in my config"? do you mean
| that /etc/resolv.conf is empty? or that you are putting an 'empty' option
in
| your squid.conf? what error do you get?
|
| --
| Alberto Brealey
| beto@inalambrica.net

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.

                                ********

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.