Re: [squid-users] How to Compile under Mac OSX?

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 Apr 2001 11:33:53 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se> writes:
> Jason Ziegler wrote:
> > [localhost:moo/downloads/squid-2.4.STABLE1] root# ./configure
> > checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type;
> > you must specify one
>
> Try getting updated config.guess and config.sub files from a current GNU
> automake package and put these in the cfgaux directory.

You can try the ones that ship with MacOSX (these might come from the
Developer tools, but I guess you have those installed to have the
compiler)

they're at /usr/share/libtool/config.*

(I've not tried building Squid under MacOS X yet. So I don't know how
much that'll help. MacOS X also comes with autoconf which can be
helpful with "configure" scripts generated by older versions.)

James.