Re: [squid-users] AS based acls

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:23:29 -0600

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001, wojtek@3miasto.net wrote:
> > you will have to get all (or at least _most_) of the ip networks assigned to
> > a country. i know that for some countrys this will be overkill, but for some
> > is feasible.
> > at least i have always_direct acl for our "national" ip networks (3~4 class
> > B's for Costa Rica) so i won't use our US parent for sites that are located
> > in Costa Rica.
> i do the same for poland but here it's a lot of subnets.

You could use the as feature - just use whois.ripe.net as your as server.

However, if you want to do it based on the IP ranges, and you have a script,
you could always set up a local copy of the ripedb and mirror the ripe
database. That way you'd have to download one checkpoint of the db, and then
"updates" (which are rather small).

I believe the ripedb does replication.

Oh, but if your script simply grabs the ripe db, looks up the ASes from
some list you've designated as "poland" you might as well just use the AS
code in squid. :-)

Adrian