[squid-users] how to block "octet-stream"

From: Carl <zmli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 10:46:23 +0800

Hi everybody,

I need your great help! I found that there are many lines in my access.log like the following:

988509811.753 45 166.111.173.121 TCP_MISS/200 8557 GET http://www.1-ok.com/xiaoyao/peach2.swf - DIRECT/210.77.151.8 application/octet-stream

These operations greatly worsen the hit% of my cache so that I want to block 'octet-stream'. It's not a good way to block it by file extention (like .swf) for the reason that there are so many file types can cause 'octet-stream' such as .exe, .cab, .dll, .dat, .cif. .vbs, .class and so on. Furthermore, it is not feasible to block all the files have the extentions above.

Can anyone tell me how to deal with this problem? Please help me. I need your kind hand!

thanks!

Carl