Re: [squid-users] ssl not working

From: Martin A. Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:08:59 +0100

At 15:47 28/04/01 -0700, Dibun wrote:
>Hi
>
> I am using Redhat 7.1 with squid.I have a cable
>modem and linux box is connected to it.Linux box is
>used as a proxy and a windows box is connected to it.I
>can only access web through web browser from the
>windows box but i cannot access
>SSL,pop,smtp,telnet,ftp from it.I have included all

Squid doesn't proxy POP3, SMTP or telnet. It also only supports FTP
proxying for browsers, not regular FTP clients like LeechFTP or
WS_FTP. The SSL problem is a little more worrying, however.

>I have also gone through the FAQ and did all
>but still no use.

Arguably, had you read the FAQ, you'd only have been asking about SSL :)

Regards

Martin A. Brooks
If Windows NT were an animal, it'd be a fainting goat.

Linux counter #60974 - so ner!