[squid-users] Momentary interruption to proxy services when reconfiguring SQUID

From: John Matthews <John.Matthews@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:02:26 +0100

All,

   I am using squid v2.3 STABLE 4 with SquidGuard v1.1.4. When I change my
squidGuard redirector configuration then I need to HUP squid for squidGuard
to update itself. The problem is that there is a momentary interruption to
proxying while the HUP takes place (about 2secs on my PC) during which time
incoming HTTP requests will fail. The squidGuard manual hints that there
might be some way to HUP the redirector without having to HUP squid, however
trying this renders squid inoperable until it is itself HUP'd. Has anyone
come across this problem or know of a way to avoid it ?

John Matthews