Re: [squid-users] Momentary interruption to proxy services when reconfiguring SQUID

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:47:13 +0200

One option is to upgrade to Squid-2.4. There helpers are restarted each
time you rotate the logs, not only on reconfigure..

We use this to have helpers restarted on change, and have logfile_rotate
set to 0 (we instead use the logrotate program to rotate and compress
logs).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker