Re: [squid-users] Zero sized reply again

From: Serhiy Radochyn <serhiy.radochyn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 09:58:19 +0200

Hi all,

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Post more details.
>
> How long are very long?

Unfortunately those cookies are not stored anymore (user deleted them).
As soon as we have some again, I'll post them. Now I can tell just what
I remember:

The Explorer's cookie files for the sites we got "zero reply" at were
about 1.5 - 2 kBytes. If you look inside, you see the lines that contain
kinda 300 characters each (appoximately). This happens with the sites
that store your usual inputs (even textareas) into cookies and next time
you visit the site they put this cookie in the fields so you don't need
to fill it again. I saw this definitely with Microsoft's site (older
versions of Explorer even crashed in this case) and some others like
hotmail.

If you disable cookie for the site you have 'zero sized reply' problem
with (it's possible with Explorer), you don't get this problem anymore,
and you don't get your fields saved.

--
Serhiy Radochyn