RE: [squid-users] unexpected state in AuthenticateNTLMFixErrorHea der (squid crash)

From: Garner, Robin <Robin.Garner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:38:57 +1000

Occasionally the browser will pop up a message requesting authentication.
Usually cancelling the dialog box actually makes the page access succeed.
Seen with IE 4.01SP2 and 5.5SP1. We also see the

        unexpected state in AuthenticateNTLMFixErrorHeader

message, but its occurrence doesn't seem to correspond to a visible problem.

There's also a build problem - the NTLMSSP/ntlm_auth helper won't build
because:

gcc -g -Wall -I. -I../../../../../../include -I../../../../../../include
-c smbencrypt.c
In file included from /usr/include/dirent.h:45,
                 from smbencrypt.c:26:
/usr/include/sys/dirent.h:52: syntax error before `u_int32_t'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Fixed by adding #include <db.h>

Apart from this, it seems stable.

This is on BSDi Internet Super Server 4.2.

Regards,

Robin