[squid-users] idnsCheckQueue

From: Andrei B. <andrixnet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 22:36:30 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi,

 I have just aquired a domain and did a few changes to the host
 running
 squid.

 That host now has a fqdn.

 Changes that I performed:

 /etc/HOSTNAME changed
 ---test5.olddomain.ro
 +++www.mydomain.ro

 /etc/resolv.conf changed
 search mydomain.ro olddomain.ro
 domain mydomain.ro
 nameserver ns1.isp1.ro
 nameserver ns2.isp1.ro
 nameserver ns.mydomain.ro
 nameserver ns.olddomain.ro

 Note: ns1, ns2 from isp1.ro have a faster link and I prefer to use
 them.
 They resolve mydomain.ro correctly.

 Squid is configured as before : use resolv.conf to find out what
 nameservers to use. (actually squid.conf was not changed).

 squid is 2.3-STABLE4

 Note: all other processes seem to resolve names correctly and
 promptly
 after the changes.
 Note: the above are the only changes performed on the system.

 Since then, squid gives the browser DNS lookup failed with the
 following error in cache.log :

 idnsCheckQueue: ID 2: giving up after 20 tries and 107.2 seconds

 Please, help. I'm completely lost.

=====
ing. Andrei Boros
Centrul pt. Tehnologia Informatiei